At Gmail.com, sign in page errors and other forms of login problems are not so common with Gmail; however, this tutorial contains simple troubleshooting techniques that can help you if you are experiencing errors on the gmail login screen
There are over 5 optional methods to pop open the sign in page and access your account, and each of these methods can either give you problem in one way or the other.
The most common sign in access includes:
1. The use of web browsers
2. The use of third party applications (commonly called apps), e.g. the grease monkey scripts
3. The use of mobile versions (either on your tablets, smartphones e.t.c)
4. through other Google applications and products
5. Microsoft outlook account
The use of Web Browsers
The use of web browsers (internet explorer, Mozilla, safari e.t.c.) serves as the main login page gateway to your account. Doing this is simple, just open your browser, type in the most secured address ( containing SSL encryption) https://gmail.com and press enter. Once opened, supply your sign in credentials and that’s all.
Aside the above, the following are various ways to access your account through the web browsers:
https://mail.google.com/mail : same as above, except it is more secured.
http://gmail.google.com/gmail : old format URL address
https://gmail.google.com.gmail : the secured version of immediate above.
http://mail.google.com/mail/h : this is mostly used , especially if your internet connection is very slow. By default, Google automatically change to this address once it detects that your connection is not fast.
http://m.gmail.com : you don’t have to worry yourself as this version automatically comes up if you are viewing the login page from your mobile phones.
Gmail App: http://www.google.com/mobile/mail/
This is essentially an application for accessing your Gmail account on a mobile device. The app is very advanced, so you are sure of getting the best.
Solutions on known error pages, problems troubleshooting
The most common problems are:
1. Caused by wrong username and password typos; the solution is to carefully type in your credentials, and if you have forgotten either your username or password; request for help at their recovery centre:
2. Expired cookies
By default, any websites visited stores what is called cookies on your laptop or system, so if your browser is set to be clearing cookies, signing in may give you problem
Open your browser ( I am using Mozilla Firefox as an example), go to tools > options and locate ‘privacy’. Click on it and on the page displayed, check ‘Accept cookies from site’, scroll down and make sure you select the ‘keep until they expire’ options.
This same process also applies for internet explorer, safari, Google chrome e.t.c.
The use of Third party applications ( apps) e.g. the grease monkey scripts
On a personal note, I don’t usually advise that people should use anything, apps or scripts apart from the main and authentic Gmail login page from Google itself.
Update issues with most of this scripts and apps can make them vulnerable to phishing, hacking and browser compatibility.
Don’t use any scripts of apps as third party applications to your Gmail account.
The use of Mobile phones ( either on Tablets, smartphones e.t.c.)
Going by forecast made about the web, it is estimated that in about 5 years’ time, almost 90% of online activities will be on mobile devices. This forecast is a prediction to the dying relevance of desktop computers and applications.
The same can be said of emails. Virtually all smartphones, tablets, mobile phones have Gmail and other free email login apps configured on them.
Mobile sign in problem and solution
The most usual login errors and problems common with mobile applications is either:
1. Typographical errors
2. Problem caused by non-update of the apps on the mobile phone. So, it is important that apps on mobile phones should be constantly updated.
3. Virus infiltration that may cause the mobile phone to freeze most of the times.
4. Fluctuating and unreliable internet connection: this is usually caused by the connection/internet carrier the phone is configured to work with. Sometimes, a downtime might occur from the carrier. Such problem doesn’t last long. Just give it a little time and it will be resolved.
Microsoft outlook Account and Thunderbird applications
This does not really pose a serious sign in problem, unless if the configuration and installation on the Microsoft outlook account was not properly done.
Common problem with this is only if the Gmail server is not responding or communicating with that of Microsoft; this will lead to non-entry of new emails e.t.c.
Solution is to make sure that the configuration was done properly on how to access your Gmail email on Microsoft outlook and also make sure that you have an active internet connection.
Access your Gmail emails as sms
Another notable feature of Gmail Login is the ability to receive all your emails as sms (short messages) on your mobile phone. This is a highly welcomed development aimed at giving its end users a satisfying experience.
Infact, you don’t have to be logged into your account for the messages to enter your phone; all what is required is to set up the default settings on the main Gmail page first.
Follow the below guidelines to set it up
1. From your page, click on Account (you can get the account icon by the time you click on your displayed name or picture) towards the left hand side and open the short messaging settings. Then follow corresponding guidelines and instructions.
2. the next thing to do is to allow Gmail by checking the box that reads ‘forward my incoming mail messages’.
3. That’s all.
I will share with you some interesting things you can do after undergo Gmail sign in to your account.
1. Ability to read and reply to messages
2. Ability to change your password
3. Ability to chat directly with your contacts
4. Still on point 3 above, one interesting feature you can use to change the outlook of your homepage is to change your theme. To do this, simply go to Mail Settings. You can locate Mail settings if you click on the Wheel icon that lies at the far top right corner of the page. Click on it, and you will be taken to the main settings page, locate themes and click on it. Lots of Themes will be displayed, all you have to do is to click on the required theme and it be automatically updated
Having problem login to your account, relax
Quite often, many people encounter one login problem or the other, the below tips will surely be of help:
1. Wrong, forgotten or lost password: this is the most common login problem. This is why I highly advocate that you should enable the two way login verification exercise. To set it up, visit:
However, if you need help on your password issue, kindly have a look at recover password
4. Browser problem: sometimes an outdated browser can give you problem or login error and this is noticeable if there is continuous loading of the webpage; the solution is to clear the cookies on the browser and make sure it is the latest browser ( e.g mozilla, internet explorer, safari e.t.c.)
5. Locked Account: Google security and filtering system can block your account if they discover unusual activity like the account being hacked or they discover the following:
a. probably, opening different types of gmail accounts on the same browser
b. having lots of messages that bounced back
c. When you receive, delete or download big volume of email inbox through your microsoft outlook using POP or IMAP. usually, the error ‘lockdown in sector 4′ will show up and the solution to this and the above is to wait for about 24 hours for their system to solve the problem.
Login Verification- A must
This is very important as it helps protect your login credentials. the two way login verification security is a must and the link to set it up is given above. The below step and guidelines will assist you on how to set it and have it enabled.
1. From your signed in account, towards the top right hand side, just beside the gear or wheel icon, click on the triangle shape beside your name (username), click on it and then click on “ account settings”. Follow all corresponding instructions.
3. From the page presented, there are two options given which is important to accept and update on:
4. Click activate
Now, the essence of all this set up is that whosoever happens to even steal your login credentials (password and username) and attempts to access your account would not be able to do so, because Google will send a code to your mobile phone asking that you insert the sent code into the box.
Is this article informative? Help share on Google Plus!!